canberrabirds

spotted harrier

To: "'canberrabirds chatline'" <>
Subject: spotted harrier
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:27:25 +1100
If all the data has gone into COG records this would be easy but if not I encourage this to be done. (Not me as I haven't observed one for a few years). As I wrote before, it would be nice to assemble all the local recent reports of spotted harrier in to a spreadsheet to get an idea of how many birds are involved. Also apparent age of plumage state of the birds. Surely many are repeat sightings of the one bird but likely not all. If not breeding season of a peregrinating (i.e. wandering) species, I think it would be hard to define a likely size of territory.