canberrabirds

Sunday 17th March 13 Few Birds ONE INJURED

To: "" <>
Subject: Sunday 17th March 13 Few Birds ONE INJURED
From: kym bradley <>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 14:21:16 +1100
Hi
This morning went out to the sandwash at Tharwa  will post those birds after this post as I feel this is  important

GRAPHIC PHOTOTS BEWARE

After the visit to the sandwash headed towards sunshine road, as normal looking for birds, here is a  grey-headed goshawk wing ( hope I got it correct ) caught in the barb wire, still alive  took two of us 1/2 or so to free the bird, the barb wire was wrapped around it three times the wire was in tack I think the bird did it trying to free itself ( we had nothing to cut the wire on us )

Its rabbit was dead at the bottom of the fence, you can still see some of the rabbits fur in its feet

Lucky I carry sloppy joes at all times, so place it over the birds head to free it,

The bird is now at the RSPCA at weston and was off for x rays when we left

We have ASKED to be able to RELEASE it when ready , so we know it is back in its area I hope they oblige it is on the form we filled out

The Vet stated will have to wait till at least the flight feathers grow back, heres hoping

So many people drove past or rode not one offered a hand

At the sand wash there was a pair of Twany Frog Mouth

Winters coming first robin sighting for me

A Brown Falcon

Last an OWL in daylight being swoop by magpies, this is my first owl