canberrabirds

Red-tinged Sulpher-crested Cockatoo

To: Con Boekel <>
Subject: Red-tinged Sulpher-crested Cockatoo
From: Denis Wilson <>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:48:55 +1100
Yes, Con I can also see the faint reddish tinge.

If he has been crossed with a Corella - it would have to be a "Long-beak" form, as they have such tonings in the base of their chest feathers. (I have a friend who has on old one in a cage, which I get to see regularly) But I see no other signs of Corella influence, in beak or eye patch.

I was interested to note it is enjoying Pistachio sinensis seeds.Those trees seldom set fruit in Canberra, in my experience.

Denis Wilson