canberrabirds

Frog

To: Judy Corp <>
Subject: Frog
From: Denis Wilson <>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 19:59:22 +1100
Hi Judy.

It is almost certainly a Peron's Tree Frog.
http://frogs.org.au/frogs/species/Litoria/peroni/

Variously called Laughing Tree Frog, Maniacal Laughing Frog, Emerald Spotted Tree Frog. The pads and climbing behaviour you mention fit it as a Tree Frog.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6sYA7Iz1xgw/R--FWBs2S7I/AAAAAAAAD9c/g8W1AS3mSok/s400/Peron%27s+Tree+Frog+-++crop+-+eml.jpg
The emerald spots are not always visible

It has a vertical line in the eye, giving it a "rifle Target Mark" (cross-hairs) appearance in its eyes.

You can read more here:
http://peonyden.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/all-this-effort-to-build-new-home-for.html

The underneath view is distinctive - look for yellow inside of thighs.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6sYA7Iz1xgw/Rqso2EBvY9I/AAAAAAAABhs/2dGVE2xABfk/s400/Tree+Frog+on+Window+-+cleaned.jpg

Cheers

Denis.