canberrabirds

Spotted Harrier

To: <>
Subject: Spotted Harrier
From: "Jeannie Gray" <>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 19:03:02 +1100
Mention by Steve Wallace of Spotted Harrier earlier today reminds me that David Landon and I saw one quartering over the paddocks between Wells Station Road and Federal Highway last Friday morning. We were in a v-e-r-y slow car queue to reach parking for the Canberra Show, so had plenty of time to look at the bird. We had great views of it, V-wings, lovely rusty underwings (and of course no white rump), and it was a welcome diversion for our three-year-old passengers, who were getting somewhat restless at the delay in getting to see the “little animals” at the show.
Jeannie Gray.