canberrabirds

Birds and biking

To: <>
Subject: Birds and biking
From: "Alison Turner" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 22:29:09 +1100

I am a new and inexperienced member of COG and am interested in combining some bird watching with some exercise on my bike.  My thoughts are to head of one or two wed morning each month for around 15-20 km of biking , taking around 1 hour, and say 1- 1.5 hours of bird watching .  For example this could be a ride around the west or east basin of LBG with a couple of stops on the way.   I would love to have a buddy or more to join me, either a newbie like me or else someone whom was happy to share their knowledge of identification and bird life.  If you may be interested, please send me an email to