canberrabirds

Just some sparrows but ...

To: "'Paul T.'" <>, <>
Subject: Just some sparrows but ...
From: "JUDY MIDDLEBROOK" <>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:22:52 +1100
There are always at least 10 sparrows in my garden at Uriarra Village and
this year there were chicks as well. The sparrow groups are often
accompanied by thornbills and red-browed finches. They spend a lot of time
with the crested pigeons and SC Cockatoos in the hen yard. There are also at
least 10 blue wrens in residence but these don't seem to like the hen yard.
Yellow tailed black cockatoos are increasing in number. A flock of 20 flew
overhead on Tuesday on their way towards Blue Range Park.
Judy M.