canberrabirds

re: Projects at the Jerrabomberra Wetlands

To: <>
Subject: re: Projects at the Jerrabomberra Wetlands
From: "Chris Davey" <>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 15:40:05 +1100

Hi,

An Executive Officer has just been appointed to the Capital Woodlands and Wetlands Conservation Trust.  The Trust will be seeking corporate sponsorship for projects to be conducted at both the Mulligans Flat Sanctuary and at the Jerrabomberra Wetlands.  Given the on-going chat-line discussions concerning Kelly’s Swamp, as a member of the Jerrabomberra Wetlands Board, I would very much like to hear ideas that anyone may have of projects at the Wetlands that we could develop and seek funding for from the Trust.  Projects could involve new or enhancing existing infrastructure. There is a great amount of competition out there for corporate funding but the Jerrabomberra Wetlands I believe is in a unique position to offer something different being in mind the difficulties of a balancing act between conservation, education and the pressures that will be on the area given the development of East Lake.

NOW IS THE TIME TO PROVIDE YOUR IDEAS.

Please either provide idea to me direct or via the chat-line.

Chris