canberrabirds

History almost repeats itself in North Lyneham!

To: "chat line" <>
Subject: History almost repeats itself in North Lyneham!
From: "Michael and Janette Lenz" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 18:42:01 +1100
In the first week of January 2010 a Channel-billed Cuckoo (CBC) had appeared in my GBS site. It triggered a lot of calling from the local Koel, in the end the Koel followed/chased {?} the CBC as it left the area.

This morning a Koel called loudly inside my GBS area (It had appeared in North Lyneham  only a couple of weeks ago for the first time this season). And shortly afterwards came the excited calls of a CBC from a group of trees across the road.
The CBC called for about a minute,  the Koel had stopped calling earlier. I failed to see both cuckoos.

Michael Lenz