canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] 12 wedge tails in a tree

To: <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] 12 wedge tails in a tree
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 15:05:48 +1100
That is really remarkable. Yes usually 1 to 3, or slightly more if there is some special source of food. In 1982 I encountered I think 25 Wedge-tailed Eagles perched in several trees within about 200 metres (though there could have been more). That was in SW Qld between Thargominda & Tibooburra.  An isolated row of trees beside a little billabong and I think lots of rabbits there.  That is the only thing that comes close in my personal experience.