canberrabirds

Forde Pond Confirmation

To: Alberta Hayes <>, "" <>
Subject: Forde Pond Confirmation
From: Bob Rusk <>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 03:41:22 -0800 (PST)
Hi !
Alberta , I admire your excellent "stab in the dark" type of identification ,it is truly breath taking. There has been a need for such a long time to expose these stuffy,   stick to the facts twitchy academic people on how to actually identify birds in the real world.  It feels like a breathe of fresh air and I should add that this is a method I've used for some years now, with some modest success, but never had the nerve to own up to it until now.  Anyway I've now discarded the old obsolete method of identification and with me now using your marvellous innovative system of identifying birds I can now make rarities a reality.  With this new found knowledge I will now attempt to not only obliterate an Australian, but a World record, for the most species ever seen in a calendar year. As I sit here having  a few more wines,  I have decided to make this even a bit more difficult, the attempt will take place from my verandah ( and listen to this) in one month. I know you are astounded by the time factor I've set myself as it may seem impossible but please don't worry, I will shit this in within a week using your wonderful method
Bob
PS-If only Sean Dooley had known this method he could have saved a fortune
PPS -I've seen almost 235 already and what makes it more remarkable, its pitch black outside