canberrabirds

FW: Kambah nests etc.

To: <>
Subject: FW: Kambah nests etc.
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 15:21:14 +1100
Yesterday I observed that the Tawny Frogmouth nest with two chicks at Kambah Pool is still going well with the chicks getting bigger and alert. Both Noisy Friarbird nests in the car park and above the access road are now empty. I also noted one very vocal male Leaden Flycatchers around the car park for the 30 minutes or so that I was there and wonder if it is nesting there as they often nest near Noisy Friarbirds (though I didn't see a nest or a female).

Whilst there I got a rather aggressive response from a group of 4 chaps to my informing them that they shouldn't have their dog at Kambah Pool. In particular to my saying "it is not my rules it is on the signs" and the response with bits deleted: "but it is my rules and I do what I want and have I seen the sign about no stalkers allowed here."

Curiously on the last two days I have seen what I assume to b the same young Crimson Rosella, (the mother of the brood that has recently left the nest box in my yard) back at the nest box looking in and once going in. I wonder if it is considering nesting again so quickly.

Also, for what it is worth, there is still the Koel pair around my home.