canberrabirds

bird call help

To: "COG List" <>
Subject: bird call help
From: "Jenny Smits" <>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 13:34:48 +1100

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me identify a bird call.

I found the call on my bird tapes but it is in the background of the sacred kingfisher call. Like a shining bronze cuckoo but each note descends in pitch and isn’t as fast?. Six or seven-ish notes per call. Perhaps it is a shining bronze cuckoo but it is slightly different from the call I know.

I cannot send the call file to the chatline because it is 1 mb, 500 kb zipped – perhaps anyone interested with enough internet download space could email be back and I can send to you directly?

Thanks in advance

Jenny Smits