canberrabirds

3 Koel day

To: "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: 3 Koel day
From: "Yarden Oren" <>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 13:36:38 +1100

Yesterday marked by 3 separate Koels heard.

One our “usual” companion from Watson, who’s been calling from just outside our yard for over  a month now.

Second, while playing tennis next to the Kaleen Playing fields  - a Koel calling nearby.  – as well as a  flyover by 8 superb parrots.

Third, picking groceries at Dickson shops, a Koel persistently calling from the direction of Morphett st.

And again when returning home – Koel #1 still at it.

Mind you he first called this morning at 2 am  - poor insomniac can’t sleep