canberrabirds

A few coastal birds ... and a query

Subject: A few coastal birds ... and a query
From: Robin Eckermann <>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 20:30:48 +1100
I enjoyed the last weekend at Merrimbula, capturing some familiar species and also one or two coastal species. I must confess I'm struggling a bit to identify the last in this set of pictures ... by comparing with pictures in a bird guide, I think its a Bar-tailed Godwit ... but I'd value either confirmation/correction from any more experienced birdwatcher. (Click on any image for larger view)

    White-browed Scrubwren    White-faced Heron   Brown Thornbill   Eastern Yellow Robin
White-browed Scrubwren     White-faced Heron            Brown Thornbill      Eastern Yellow Robin

Silver Gull   Bar-tailed Godwit?
          Silver Gull                      Bar-tailed Godwit ???

Regards ... Robin Eckermann
02-61-61-61-61   or    0418-630-555

This month I am supporting men's health through the "Movember" campaign
If inclined, you too can lend support via http://au.movember.com/mospace/3796481
Donations to this worthy cause  >$2 are tax deductible and will be gratefully received