canberrabirds

Saturday 27 October 2012 - What's on?

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: Saturday 27 October 2012 - What's on?
From: "Malcolm Fyfe" <>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:38:39 +1100
Friends all, greetings.

Saturday 27 October looks to be fairly busy one way and another. In our area we have both the Twitchathon and the COG Blitz surveys.

But hold on, there is another big birding event, this one national. Yes, its the annual Australian Painted Snipe survey. For more information visit -

For the past few years members of COG have made up a team to thoroughly survey Jerrabomberra Wetlands NR for this event, and we shall be doing it again on 27th. We are most grateful to Parks & Conservation Service for giving us permission to enter areas that are normally closed.

This year due to other priorities we are just a couple of bodies short if we want to do a thorough job. You are therefore invited to join us and I can assure you you will not only be most welcome but you will have a great surveying experience.

Our input for the Threatened Bird Network will be shared with COG. By that I mean that we provide a copy of our survey result as our contribution to the COG Blitz, and the result does include observations of all species identified, not just waterbirds.

If you would like to join the team please get back to me as soon as convenient. It is planned that we shall meet at the Kellys Swamp car park at 7.30am. The survey should be completed by 10.30am.

Best wishes

Malcolm Fyfe