canberrabirds

Field Naturalists Walks - ANBG, Callum Brae & Campbell Park

To: "COG chatline" <>
Subject: Field Naturalists Walks - ANBG, Callum Brae & Campbell Park
From: "Tony Lawson" <>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 16:24:01 +1000
The Field Naturalists Association of Canberra is hosting the Australian Naturalists Network from 13 to 21 October.  Around 70 naturalists from all around Australia will be coming to see the local nature.

We have activities planned for every day. We also have some members with a good knowledge of the local flora and fauna. But we would like to split the party into groups of no more than 10, so it would be nice if we had one or two more people who know the local birdlife to help show and identify them to our visitors.

On the Monday (15/10) we will be doing bird walks in the ANBG (from 8: until 9:15 am when they will have breakfast), while on the Thursday (18/10) we will split into two groups to visit Callum Brae and Campbell Park from 8: 00 till 10:00 am. The focus will again be on the birdlife. It would be great if we could get a couple of volunteers for the ANBG outing and two or three volunteers for each of the Campbell Park and Callum Brae outings.

On the Tuesday we will be going to Mulligans Flat / Goorooyarroo; Wednesday to Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve,  and Saturday to Namadgi NP. If anyone is willing and able to help with any of those outings, or if you want further details, please  contact me.

We will have two coach loads of people.  There will probably be room on the coach, or we could meet at the destination.

Tony Lawson