canberrabirds

Wednesday Walk raptor IDs

To: "'COG List'" <>
Subject: Wednesday Walk raptor IDs
From: "Julian Robinson" <>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 15:08:45 +1000

On yesterday’s walk there was some discussion about a couple of our raptors.

1.        This bird was seen only in the distance at the first property, no-one has come up with an ID so any info would be appreciated with the benefit of some grainy pics.  We generally thought that the tail was too long for a Little Eagle and the underwing pattern not really similar to anything really.  The white on what looks like all the primaries was quite visible, whiter than it appears here.

2.        The two birds we first saw cavorting together at Strike-a-light were definitely both Brown Falcons, easily seen with benefit of photo (here compared with the Goshawk we saw a few minutes later).

Julian

www.flickr.com/photos/ozjulian/