canberrabirds

Glossy ibis

To: <>
Subject: Glossy ibis
From: "Phil Malin" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 19:15:52 +1000
There is a single Glossy ibis that I have seen twice in the past 3 weeks at Kelly’s swamp, which has been chased off by a White-faced heron on both occasions. The poor glossy flew to the other side of the swamp on the first occasion to continue feeding, but only got about 45 seconds respite before being moved on again by the WFH.  I realise they get a bit feisty during breeding, but this guy seems to have a serious issue with the Glossy ibis.

Cheers
Phil