canberrabirds

Striated Pardalote wing display

To: "canberrabirds chatline" <>
Subject: Striated Pardalote wing display
From: "Julian Robinson" <>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 19:19:18 +1000

I observed the stationary wing display by a pair of Striated Pardalotes the other day, it was quite interesting.  A description of the event  is under the linked image, the bird displaying held its wings up for 67 seconds, a long time for a little bird (about 10 minutes in Apparent Bird Time by my calculation).

Julian

www.flickr.com/photos/ozjulian/