canberrabirds

Welcome return to Corroboree Park

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: Welcome return to Corroboree Park
From: Robin Hide <>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:35:55 +1000
April and May in Corroboree Park (Ainslie) were enlivened by very vigorous (and almost daily) activity at the bower of a Satin Bowerbird. Then suddenly the bower was torn apart and, by my reckoning, no SBB were there from June through July and August. Today there were familar sounds again, and an adult blue male and a green bird (I assume a female) were much in evidence at the same site. Though I could'nt approach too closely I glimpsed what looks like a new bower under construction in exactly the same location as the old one.
In this snap he appears to have got hold of the blue hook from a clothes hanger or similar?

SBB.

Robin Hide