canberrabirds

ANU spring bird monitoring

To: <>
Subject: ANU spring bird monitoring
From: "Tim Yiu" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 16:52:38 +1000

Hi,

ANUgreen would like to thank the support of COG in participating in our winter bird monitoring program, which included a workshop on 7th July and a survey on 14th July. Nearly 20 volunteers attended, including ANU staff and students and the wider ACT community.

ANUgreen is now preparing for its spring bird monitoring program, which will be the final monitoring for 2012. We hope that COG will continue to support us. Details as follows:

Bird workshop 10am – 12noon Saturday 6th October

Location: Innovations Building 124 ANU, corner of Eggleston and Garran Road

Presenters:          Philip Veerman, David McDonald (COG)

                              Tim Yiu (ANUgreen)

Workshop rundown

  1. Bird identification (using pictures and online databases)
  2. Survey methodology
  3. Field trial

*This workshop is designed to give basic training to volunteers

Bird survey 8am – 11am Saturday 13th October

Location: Innovations Building 124 ANU, corner of Eggleston and Garran Road

*A thank you BBQ will be provided afterwards.

We are looking for COG members to participate in our survey, where they will be asked to lead a team of 2-3 volunteers. The 2-hectare 20-min search method will be used, and each team will do a maximum of 6 neighbouring sites. Surveying will take place at ANU and surrounding areas, including the Botanic Gardens, CSIRO, Black Mountain peninsula, and Civic. The whole survey should take less than 3 hours.

Please contact the ANUgreen Biodiversity Officer Tim Yiu for registration and inquiries.

TIM YIU,
Biodiversity Officer, ANUgreen, Facilities Planning
Facilities & Services Division
THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Level 3 (North) Innovations Building #124 Eggleston Road, ACTON CAMPUS, ACT 0200.
E:
m("anu.edu.au","tim.yiu");">              Ph: ext. 52158 / 0430-101-940

“Enabling academic excellence through integrated and innovative facilities and project delivery”

ANUgreen tip - Please consider the environment before printing this email