canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] On Starlings and Mynas

To: <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] On Starlings and Mynas
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 14:06:55 +1000

This is descending to the level of anecdote and impression, but I have no doubt that the disappearance of blackbirds from this vicinity was due to currawongs, as below.

In the 2 seasons before they disappeared I was aware of blackbird nests with advanced nestlings, and just waited for them to be predated, as duly happened.  Incidentally, I have also seen a currawong with a myna nestling.