canberrabirds

Re: Friends of Black Mountain- a new group

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: Re: Friends of Black Mountain- a new group
From: John Leonard <>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 13:41:24 +1000
" who have significant associations with Black Mountain in their past or earlier lives"... reincarnation?

John Leonard

On 18 July 2012 13:25, Chris Davey <> wrote:

Please find below information concerning a new group called ‘Friends of Black Mountain’.

Chris

‘There are many people who have affiliations with Black Mountain, who walk there, botanise or visit regularly, who work nearby or who have significant associations with Black Mountain in their past or earlier lives.

Equally there are people who have great affection for the reserve and may wish to offer the group stories, memories and anecdotes about their links with Black Mountain.

We would like to compile a list of people who wish to become part of the Friends of Black Mountain and invite you to participate as a member. Black Mountain not only needs the same supporting base of local residents and neighbours as other reserves and units of open space but, as it is an icon, described as the “jewel in the crown of the Canberra Nature Park”, we are also looking further afield for friends!

We hope that membership will result in linking appreciators  of Black Mountain so that the new community builds a record of the reserve's values and promotes its uniqueness within and beyond the ACT region.

We do envisage an eventual series of working-bees or land-caring activities but hope that this won't deter those who no longer have time for this work or the physique it entails! So the range of activities that you may be interested could be any of these:

·          General awareness and keeping in touch from time to time (e.g. general email list, newsletters,);

·          On ground action;

·          Governance and management ;

·          Liaison and communication;

·          Education and community development;

·          Science and data management;

·          Special interests (e.g. flora, soil, water); and/or

·          Other

We look forward to hearing from you and from those within your networks. Please contact the Friends of Black Mountain at m("gmail.com","friendsofblackmountain");" target="_blank"> or me at m("bigpond.net.au","gkljbev1");" target="_blank">

With best wishes from the emerging committee,

Linda (Beveridge)

Phone number 02 6262 5551

--
John Leonard
Canberra

I want to be with the 9,999 other things.