canberrabirds

frozen birds

To: "chatline canberrabirds" <>
Subject: frozen birds
From: "Terry Bell" <>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 19:23:45 -0700
just back from a camping trip to Uralla, where the overnight temperature descended to minus 9.9. On the outskirts of Royal National Park I picked up a dead Horsefields bronze cuckoo,; it had apparently flown into a passing car. Relatives in the New England area supplied me with a mature   wompoo fruit dove that was collected near a broken house window. Safe in my freezer for now I can deliver them next week if there is any interest in these specimen. regards Terry B.