canberrabirds

ID help

To: Mark Clayton <>
Subject: ID help
From: Anthony Overs <>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 17:14:39 +1000
The bird will then look a bit like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aovers/3254701560/
(Mark, you must have missed this trip...)

Cheers
Anthony

On 09/06/2012, at 4:36 PM, "Mark Clayton" <m("bigpond.com","chollop7");">> wrote:

Robin,

Your bird is a Golden Whistler going in to adult male plumage for the first time. It takes the male 3 years (from banding studies) to attain full adult plumage so this bird is in its second year. You are lucky to see one in this plumage, I donâ??t think I ever have even after banding many hundreds of Golden Whistlers.

Cheers,

Mark