canberrabirds

Friday 10.30am Thought I saw 3 Swift Parrots - FYI

To: <>
Subject: Friday 10.30am Thought I saw 3 Swift Parrots - FYI
From: "casburnj" <>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 09:35:01 +1000

At the Club House Murrumbidgee Country Club (MCC) – no not after a drink – I thought I saw 3 Swift Parrots.  Only a brief glimpse as they flew rapidly overhead and into a tree near the Club House.  The friend who was with me saw the same birds and also thought that the colour was too brilliantly emerald green to have been Eastern Rosellas or Red-rumped parrots.  We did not see them again.  There are lots of Red-rumped parrots on MCC and also Easterns golfers are familiar with.

Jean