canberrabirds

Whistler Reporting Rates

Subject: Whistler Reporting Rates
From: "David McDonald (personal)" <>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 21:01:24 +1000
Hmm, good questions, but these data are not samples from a known population, so sample size is irrelevant. Perhaps better to think of them as purposive data collecting, it is definitely not a sample survey strategy.

You ask about statistical reliability. I suspect that reliability is high (fairly consistent data collection methods) but a better question is about the statistical validity of the data (to what extent do they represent the reality of what is being measured).

Cheers - David