canberrabirds

response to recorded calls

To: "'Con Boekel'" <>, "'COG list'" <>
Subject: response to recorded calls
From: "Mark Clayton" <>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 10:15:27 +1000
Con,

Pilotbirds and Olive Whistler certainly respond to call playback. I know
that Shy Heathwren also respond very well so can see no reason why
Chestnut-rumped Heathwren wouldn't. Make sure you have a proper Red-browed
Treecreeper call as some calls attributed to them are actually
White-throated. They will, from personal experience, react to WTTC calls if
the two species are close together. I haven't had too much time calling in
Bassian Thrushes but again, at the right time of year and in the correct
habitat, see no reason why they would not respond.

Mark