canberrabirds

Gundaroo area

To: Michael and Janette Lenz <>
Subject: Gundaroo area
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 17:20:38 +1100
I have noticed over the past few days that many of the Amyena miquelii mistletoes in Carwoola are well in flower so might be attracting birds which fed on them.  Also in strong flower in this areea are Eucalyptus macrorhynca; E mannifera and E bridgiesiana.

While composing this I was alerted by a friend to 8 Needletails a bit further up Whiskers Creek. While I was looking at them (at about 1km distance) 6 more flew over our vegetable garden observed by Frances.  So GBS record goes to 6 and a non-duplicating 8 will go on a General record.

Martin