canberrabirds

Darter? Soaring!

To: <>, <>
Subject: Darter? Soaring!
From: "Mark Clayton" <>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 11:06:35 +1100

Robin,

Definitely Darters – a male (black bird) and either a juvenile or female (b and w bird). Remember that birds have to fly to get from place to place – I have seen flocks of various species of cormorants and ibis often at very high altitude. It can be quite a sight (and sound) as they drop down to land on their chosen site.

Cheers, Mark