canberrabirds

Koels again

To: "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: Koels again
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 20:36:07 +1100
Today I went to look at my local Koel pair again. A male and female perched within about 30 cm, both calling and I'm pretty sure there was a third calling nearby. Curiously though when I looked at the female it did not appear to match the same bird I saw about 2 weeks ago, as in I think it did not appear to be moulting in wing or tail, which does not make sense to be the same bird. The throat was much more speckled and the breast barring was less regular.