canberrabirds

Koels Calling

To: "'Jack & Andrea Holland'" <>, <>
Subject: Koels Calling
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 20:51:22 +1100
I agree with Jack's observation. Inasmuch as the pair near my house are still consistently noisy, including this morning, at about 6 am. Indeed the male and female are still calling duets from trees within about 20 to 50 metres of each other. Although I have only seen that twice, I have heard presumably the same thing many times over the past few weeks. They surely are not struggling to locate each other. It has crossed my mind to wonder if they are trying to locate and collect any possible young birds. So far I have not seen any sign of young Koels nearby. That does not mean that this pair did not try.