canberrabirds

Closure of Mulligans Flat

To: COG List <>
Subject: Closure of Mulligans Flat
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 15:54:32 +1100
I have just been told that Canberra Nature Park (CNP) are closing Mulligans Flat from 15 -17 February to use dogs and a phosphorous based gas to wipe out rabbits.  This has been announced to 'researchers' but as far as I can find not by a general media release.  So if anyone was thinking of going out there on those days they might try ringing CNP first rather than driving all the way out there to find a notice pinned to the gate.

Presumably this means the event announced in a media release last year either didn't happen (shades of the burn off at the sewage works?) or failed to whup the bunnies.

Martin