canberrabirds

Koels breeding in GBS sites

To: "Lia Battisson" <>, <>
Subject: Koels breeding in GBS sites
From: "Michael and Janette Lenz" <>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 16:21:07 +1100
Lia,

this particular discussion here, whether to focus on the parasite or the host for recording purposes, is specific to the requirements of placing records on the GBS chart. Normally, I would expect that events for both parties are fully recorded. And my hope is, that in that particular case of
Tery Munro's observations, details of dates etc. are noted and, in addition to GBS entries, also make their way into the COG database. There the entries for host and parasite  could easily be cross-referenced.

Michael Lenz

Interesting discussion.  How do they deal with this issue in other jurisdictions, eg,  UK, does anyone know?