canberrabirds

Jerrabomberra Wetlands Fun day

To: COG List <>
Subject: Jerrabomberra Wetlands Fun day
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:57:40 +1100
If a petting zoo, rides on a fire truck and jumping castles are the future envisaged for Jerrabombera wetlands then I suggest we should all give up the struggle completely.  The former activities of the school, while occasionally a bit of a pain if one wanted a quiet spell of birding, did a far far better job of introducing children to conservation than petting a goat or rabbit (or hugging a member of the RFS)!

I note that the Government seems able to find money for Rangers to attend this stupidity (presumably on overtime) but cannot find any funds to control the noxious weeds all over the former education facility, those along the banks above the silt trap, the typha that has effectively taken over half the surface area of the swamp, and the exotic water lilies that are choking Jerrabombera Creek.

Meanwhile the vaunted Wetlands Management Committee says nothing and does nothing.

Yours sincerely

Disgusted of Carwoola