canberrabirds

more Xmas trivia

To: <>, <>
Subject: more Xmas trivia
From: Damien Farine <>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 20:28:40 +1100
Obviously the Great Auk,

I'd guess the answer to the second is The Island of Adventure by Enid Blyton

Damien

Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 07:43:09 -0800
Subject: [canberrabirds] more Xmas trivia

obviousely my last question was too easy, so, something harder.

What now extinct bird was known as the northern hemisphere penguin?

In literature the child hero spoke to the very last surviving member. A well known book, indeed a classic, and we are looking for the name and author.