canberrabirds

Koel again in Weston/Waramanga

To: "Jack & Andrea Holland" <>
Subject: Koel again in Weston/Waramanga
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 21:05:17 +1100
Yesterday (Saturday) afternoon one heard calling in Lockyer St Griffith, not far from Canberra Avenue.

Martin

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Jack & Andrea Holland <> wrote:
Jenny, on the dog walking circuit this morning we first heard a Koel calling from the Hibiscus Cres direction close to the Rivett shops at 7:20, and then from the E end of Rene St Chapman close to the Chapman shops at 8 am.  These (within a few 100 m) are the two spots in my local patch where Koels were consistently heard last summer.  The latter has been calling for about the past fortnight, whereas I’ve only heard the former a couple of times.   In between this another Koel could be heard calling in the distance from the Waramanga direction.

Jack Holland