canberrabirds

Little Black Cormorants- lack of breeding

Subject: Little Black Cormorants- lack of breeding
From: Marg Peachey <>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:50:33 +1100
On wednesday I went on the MS Southern Cross from the Yacht Club.  I noticed quite a few Little Black Cormorants on the island east of the Carillon and when they took off they appeared to be inexperienced fliers.

I asked the boat captain (driver?) if he knew of any breeding around the lake but he had not noticed any.  Perhaps they were still wet and not flying well.....

Marg Peachey