canberrabirds

Blitz post mortem

To: "'canberrabirds'" <>
Subject: Blitz post mortem
From: "Barbara Allan" <>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:46:52 +1100

Heartfelt thanks to all who participated in COG’s bird blitz over the weekend. Hard copy datasheets are pouring in and it seems many of you got quite into the spirit of the blitz, weather notwithstanding, and enjoyed your surveying. It seems we are having difficulty with the electronic data entry system. If you normally enter your data that way, hold on for a bit and see if Paul et al can get it up and running again soon. But if not, don’t mislay your records!!! Either download COG observation record forms from the COG website www.canberrabirds.org.au and fill them in; write them out on paper; phone me 6254 6520 and dictate them over the phone; and/or bring them to the COG monthly meeting on 9 October. At all costs we don’t want to lose the results of all your hard work. If you normally deliver your datasheets to my house, please come today or hold off till Friday.  Interim blitz results will be published in the December gang-gang and lucky draw and other prizes will be presented at the January members’ night (please Jack!). Cheers, Barbara (blitz organizer)