canberrabirds

yesterday at Kelly's/this morning on Red Hill

To: "" <>
Subject: yesterday at Kelly's/this morning on Red Hill
From: peter murphy <>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:22:52 +1100

Yesterday afternoon at Kelly’s at around 6pm a number of us were fortunate to see three Painted Snipe feeding in the open (all females we think).  I was interested to note that my Southern African, Indian and Sri Lankan guide books all had PS in them – much more wide spread than I had imagined.  We also got to see a Pacific Black Duck with eight ducklings – interesting to see how many survive.

A glorious morning today on Red Hill.  Highlights were two perched wedge tail eagles being harassed (but very unconcerned) by Currawongs, and a pair of Galahs chasing about half a dozen Sulphur Crested Cockatoos (SCC).  Our assessment was that the Galahs were trying to claim some nesting hollows.  The SCC were nonplussed and when the Galahs eventually flew off, they started inspecting hollows.  A really enjoyable couple of outings!

Peter Murphy
Chief Executive Officer | Noetic Solutions Pty Limited

Ph: +61 2 6234 7777 | Mob: +61 416 064 464 | Fax: +61 2 6232 6515 | Skype: murphy_noetic
| www.noeticgroup.com

Equinox Business Park, Level 2, Equinox 3, 70 Kent St, DEAKIN ACT 2600, Australia
Locked Bag 3001, DEAKIN WEST ACT 2600, Australia

New Image

Australia | USA | PNG

The information contained in this email may be confidential or commercially sensitive. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this document is unauthorised. If you have received this document in error, please delete the e-mail and immediately notify the sender.

2011 TBA_ACT Fin Logo_RGB     9_LR