canberrabirds

ID please

To: "'jude hopwood'" <>, <>
Subject: ID please
From: "Mark Clayton" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 06:37:38 +1100

Hi Jude,

I don’t know if I am imagining things but the bird appears to have a slightly rufous forehead which could only mean a female or young male Red-capped Robin. While they are not a common bird in the region they are around at present – I saw a similar bird on the eastern side of Lake George last Thursday.

Cheers,

Mark