canberrabirds

White-faced Herons nesting again at Campbell Park

To: Leo Berzins <>, canberra birds <>
Subject: White-faced Herons nesting again at Campbell Park
From: Susanne Gardiner <>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 11:20:02 +0100 (BST)
Hi Leo

we saw quite a few bearded dragons today at Stromlo Forest Park - and we were there for only 20 min. Walked to the technical track to the left, heading up from the car park, and also on the road on the way out.

They were not fazed by children, our dog, nor the car. Maybe the ones on the road are used to people swerving around them.

Cheers, Susanne

From: Leo Berzins <>

Following last week's observation and photo by Robin, this morning there was a White-faced Heron sitting in the same nest as last year.

Other highlights at Campbell Park included a Little Eagle and a White-throated Gerygone (seen but not heard).

On a non-avian note, is there anywhere better in Canberra than Campbell Park to find Bearded Dragons?

Regards,
Leo.