canberrabirds

A form of courtship?

To: "'Paul T.'" <>
Subject: A form of courtship?
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 23:03:57 +1000
Hi Paul,

Yes indeed. Of course she knew then, but that was not my question. To explain: I could not be sure that, 9 months later, she would still know the answer to the question. My wording was I thought astute to the small possibility that she might have forgotten, which was which, from that one photo, although I believe she is careful in her observations. Maybe I should have typed in one more word: please tell us - if you still know-...

Margaret has answered me and sent a photo of the mating. The answer is the more brown one was the male. "He is the one with the dragon fly still in his beak."