canberrabirds

More on bowerbirds

To: "COG" <>
Subject: More on bowerbirds
From: "Charmian Lawson" <>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 08:47:48 +1000
Hi

As mentioned in a recent email to the chatline, we had a bower in our back yard. Following the recent clearing up round an adjacent power pole as required by ACTEW, the bower became quite exposed. This did not seem to deter the birds which continued to move in and around it. However, we were away for a couple of days this week, and when I got back, I found that the bower had been completely destroyed and all the blue decorations had gone. This morning I checked the place in the front yard where we had found a bower a few years ago, but which has been bare for a couple of years. There is a new bower there, containing all the blue pegs and other blue decorations from the ruined bower, along with a beautiful blue rosella feather. The new bower is very well hidden.

Charmian Lawson
Holder