canberrabirds

RE:Messin' about in Boats...

To: hot line <>
Subject: RE:Messin' about in Boats...
From: terry gourlay <>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:17:32 +0000
Dear All,
            The warm Spring Sunshine lured me onto the Lake in my little canoe this afternoon (Tuesday)...In general a bit quiet the Four,maybe five Nankeen Herons still in Evidence and can be easily seen from the Second most Northerly hide on the Creek.....On the other-side of the Creek,almost at its entry into the lake there is a little dead ended water way,that makes a small Isthmus opposite the Hammer Head Cranes(Lifting things)...well in the centre of this projection there are a chain of ponds,fossicking around for Cow doo-dahs as is my wont,I flushed a Snipe (Sp)....this is very early...An old Cocky who lived at the very headwater of the Shoalhaven told me a long time ago,that they were seen as harbingers of spring and were expected with the first full moon in early October...this fellow is certainly very early indeed,but none the less very welcome...he will be there tomorrow if anyone wants to check him out as they generally stay put in one spot for a while ...quite a few passerines around the most Northerly Hide...
Seems I owe Phillip Veerman an apology....sorry for that,thankyou for your Civilised response....Terry Gourlay.