canberrabirds

black cormorants

To: "'Geoffrey Dabb'" <>, <>
Subject: black cormorants
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 15:54:41 +1000
Yes I thought similar. Little Black Cormorants are more sociable on the water than are the Great Cormorants. But I am not sure if that means that the Great Cormorants are unsociable in flight, which if so would suggest they are likely to be Little Black Cormorants. Darters are another confusable but I have never seen them fly in formation.