canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] Barn Owl in Florey - also seen in Belconnen

To: <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] Barn Owl in Florey - also seen in Belconnen
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 14:07:16 +1000

Just a quick impression Martin.  Predictably, Microsoft Publishing gives no clip-art return for ‘sandwich’, a specific term such as ‘burger’ or ‘sub’ being used in North America for their macro non-sandwiches, unless a ‘Club Sandwich’ as being eaten here is being spoken of.  Speaking of reminiscences I recall the famous occasion when Chief Justice Rehnquist of the US Supreme Court paid a visit to Canberra in 1988.  He was taken to Tidbinbilla for an outdoor lunch, and an emu stole his sandwich (properly so called).