canberrabirds

yet another unexpected visitor

Subject: yet another unexpected visitor
From: meryl joyce <>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 16:03:04 +1000
Hello Everyone

I am new to the chatline and have been learning a great deal as a result of joining COG so thanks everyone.

I thought I would add something about bower birds who have been active in my garden in Campbell for the last few years.  Around this time last year an immature bird built a bower in my garden by the back gate.  It was a reasonable size when, at the same time this year, he was joined by a satin bird and they both worked on the bower, sometimes separately and sometimes at the same time.  Last Tuesday morning the satin bird demolished the bower and has since been seen disappearing over the gate with the blue decorations; most are already gone.  The green bird is still visiting the spot occasionally to move the bower sticks around but is not showing signs of rebuilding - yet.

Meryl