canberrabirds

Now it's flocking Silvereyes

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: Now it's flocking Silvereyes
From: "John Layton" <>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 11:39:12 +1000

As recently reported there have been unusually large flocks of Yellow-rumped Thornbills passing through our garden lately. This morning the Silvereyes turned up en masse. I counted enough to be satisfied I was watching in excess of forty. Flocks of between ten and twenty can be common here but forty-plus ... Wow! They moved rapidly through, hopping and flying from branch to branch of bare trees. An hour later I saw at least thirty moving through a garden across the street, and they weren’t loitering either.

John Layton

Holt.